If you want to explore the Western Mass, you should definitely include Springfield on your list. For the love of museums, nature, and incredible range of attractions, Springfield deserves a mention on every travel plan to Massachusetts. In this post, we are sharing more on the things to do in Springfield.
- Seuss National Memorial. This one is a national park that’s dedicated to Dr. Seuss. He was born here in Springfield, and the garden feels like a living example of the characters created by him. We promise that a stroll once is just not enough to explore the beauty of this garden.
- Basketball Hall of Fame. If you have the time, make it a point to visit the Basketball Hall of Fame, to know some amazing things about NBA. You can also find some nice sculptures and sights worth marveling at.
- Forest Park Zoo. For those coming here with families, the zoo in Forest Park is a nice place to check. There are many local and exotic species of animals here, and there are so themed events that happen from time to time.
- Paramount Theatre. The Paramount Theatre is famed for its lavish construction when it was launched in 1926. Now, it has been renovated and you can catch a performance or a movie screening here. The experience is not like your regular multiplex, and the price is worth paying.
- The Springfield Armory National Historic Site. This site dates back to 1777 and was in use until late 1960s. If you are someone interested in history of firearms, you should definitely make time for this attraction. You can find details and artifacts that you cannot find anywhere in the US.
- Historic Deerfield. You should definitely head to Historic Deerfield, which is known for its popularity in the Western Mass. If you are here, make it a point to grab a drink and some nice lunch at Champney’s Restaurant and Tavern.
- There are some nice boutique and local stores in Springfield, and each one has something or the other that you can take back home. If you want to shop for candles and scents, check for Yankee Candle and Kringle Candle Company.
There are also other things that you can try outdoors, such as kayaking. You need at least three days to explore Springfield and all that it is known for, and make sure that you book your stay in advance.